Monday 13 May 2013

Mother & MotherHood

Happy Mothers Day !!!

Mother is a feeling which cannot be expressed in words. The first word you spell as an Infant and continue to utter at times of utmost pain and forget when everything is Apt :)

I was in a confused State of Mind yesterday when i wanted to wish my Mom for being there and dedicating a Day to her. I somehow managed to get the courage and wished her 'Happy Mothers Day' !!! What was going in my nerves to brain and the thought of wishing her on a Mother's Day was not a Good feel. Why was i feeling so ?? Well, maybe, because a 'Mother is a replica of God'. When we don't let a day go without praying how can we let a day go without thinking & appreciating Mom. Suddenly, thoughts kept flowing into me of what all my Mother has done to me for me to be the person I am Today. Right from correcting the behaviour to pointing out the mistakes and forgive you for all the Blunder's you have done as kids and till date, She is the Person you would look up with pride and Thank God for letting her be with you (Unlike others who do not know the Feel of Mother :( )

I am so Grateful to God in more than one ways, firstly for giving me such wonderful Parents and secondly, when i missed my Mom, he sent me my Mother-In-Law in the form of Mother and ensured i was never left alone from his blessings. Thank you Sooo Much.

My Mother-in-law, though the association was pretty short we were connected through Heart. She helped me learn the basics of cooking (which i never bothered to do when Mom was teaching me, coz you know mothers let go us when we are not interested but it becomes a responsibility post marriage :)) Initially, she was apprehensive about my cooking but within a day or two she saw the quick learner in me and appreciated me and my cooking though it was not upto mark by saying you will finetune with experience. I was reticent and then observed her keenly. I got connected easily as she was replacing my Mother and it made our life easy. Though the duration was small, i am so blessed to get a Mother like her :) God has been standing with me at all times, just that i haven't realized it on time. I will Miss you Mother-In-Law but will ensure i become one such MIL in future. Frankly couldn't resist thinking about my Mother-In-Law on Mother's Day :)

Then i moved on to think about Motherhood, the feeling which has not yet settled in me. As a kid, I use to always wonder why does my mother scold me for all minute things i do or I don't Do. Today, when i see my kid, I do the same :( Reason, coz i do not want him to get hurt with any minute distractions or objects and simultaneously to ensure he learns what is right and what is wrong. Every action of Mine today is a replica of what my mother has done and that makes the bond of Mother and Kid worth appreciating. Probably, today, I teach my son with an understanding to ensure he doesn't get the feel of an Angry Mother which I had during my adolescent stage :) But yes, today I appreciate every thing my mother has done to me to make me stand and say what is correct and what is wrong with a pride. I truly believe, Motherhood can never be understood as it is such a feeling that the more you try to understand the more confused you are.

God has given us a gift in the form of Mother and made us a gift for our offsprings. We need to live up to his expectations and ensure we create good Human Beings :)


Dedicated to all the Mother's out there and to the Newest Mommies in town. Just enjoy the Feel and Cherish every Moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment